Have you had to struggle with stubborn pet vomit stains on your woolen carpet? You most likely have been doing it wrong. While woolen carpets are not easy to clean, there is a right and wrong way of doing it.
Here is an easy way of handling your carpet cleaning
1. Collect the vomit carefully with a dry towel making sure that you do not spill some of it further on the carpet. This entails picking as much vomit as possible.
2. Sprinkle cold water on the carpet and use a towel to rub the vomit. Continue doing this until almost all the vomit and the moisture is gone.
3. Prepare a mixture of warm water and salt in the ratio of 2 cups of water to one tablespoon of salt. Add to the mixture, half a cup of white vinegar, two tablespoons of rubbing alcohol and a tablespoon of detergent.
4. With the help of a clean sponge, use the mixture to clean the remaining part of the vomit. Remember that if a big portion of the carpet is soiled, you may require to use more than one sponge.
5. After you have completely cleaned the carpet, sprinkle some baking soda on the affected area. This will help do away with the bad smell as well as help in drying the carpet up.
6. After the carpet has dried up completely, remove the baking soda using a vacuum cleaner.